For many years, we visited Puttaparthi, the ashram of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. The first time we went, there were sands, the afternoon sun would fry us in darshan, and the crowds were small – or so we thought.
We have written many times about our visits to Prashanti Nilayam, called the Abode of Highest Peace. At one time we wrote Letters from Home, a collection of narratives of Darshan of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. We have decided to present this in three volumes (previously unpublished). These are narratives of darshan with Sai Baba before he left his form. We all have memories of darshan – these are our personal treasures of the Divine Form.
At some time during a visit to Sathya Sai Baba, the notion came to me to record the Divine darshans as I experienced them. Initially, I found I was commenting on and interpreting the darshans I experienced, and made a decision to simply witness and record afterwards. This is a very challenging way to participate in darshan, for the mind just takes off in its ever-outward going nature and soars. Well, sometimes. These pages are a humble a record of my experiences of Divine darshan during the Guru Pournima Festival of 2001 and were originally shared on the now-defunct Sai-Disc forum on the internet during that time.
I realise that these notes reveal my joys, my journey and at times, my failings. Perhaps that is the journey; that we are human, ever-seeking to return home, to the very home of our Loving Lord of all the worlds.
- Ashram visit, June 26, 2001
- Ashram Visit, June 28, 2001
- Ashram Visit: June 29, 2001
- Ashram Visit: July 1, 2001
- Ashram Visit: 2 July 2001
- Ashram Visit: July 3, 2001
- Ashram Visit: 5 July 2001
- Ashram Visit: Not All Cheese and Bikkies
- Ashram Visit: The Convention Closes
- Ashram Visit: 5 July 2001
- Ashram Visit: 6 July 2001
- Ashram Visit 2001: Snapshots of the Divine Valley
- Ashram Visit: 13 September 2001
- Ashram Visit: 14 September 2001
- Ashram Visit: 16 September 2001
- Ashram visit: 19 September 2001
- Ashram Visit: 22 September 2001
- Ashram Visit: 23 September 2001
- Ashram Visit: 25 September 2001
- Ashram Visit: 28 September 2001
- Ashram Visit: 1 October 2001
- Ashram Visit 2001: Guru Day, Thursday
- Ashram Visit: 7 October 2001
- Ashram Visit: Gandhi Jayanti, 2001
- Ashram Visit: October 2001
2012 and all that
Now the Lord has left his physical form, and is with us in his light-body, and most certainly, with us in Puttaparthi when we take darshan of the Sai Samadhi, his final resting place. HE is not limited to a physical body like you and me; rather, he is all times, all places, past, present and future. He is the ALL, the Creative Source of the All, and graces with his presence in Prashanti Nilayam, to all those who visit.
What follows below are narratives of a short stay in Prashanti Nilayam, one year after Sai Baba’s departure from physical form.
- Blogging Puttaparthi
- Quiet Puttaparthi
- Darshan and The Captain of the Heart
- Four storytellers
- Evening and Morning: Prashanti Nilayam
- Light from Light
- Holi at Prashanti Nilayam
- Divinity in Ordinary
- St Francis and Custody of the Eyes
- Sai Baba and 2012
- God, Art and the Artist
- Light and Lightworkers
- Janani, Janani
- Reality and Shiva – Shakti
- When Love calls
3,812 total views, 8 views today